HID Global, announced its participation at the Smart Card Expo 2022 to engage its customers as well as partners specific to its Secure Issuance (SI) and Identification Technology (IDT) solutions through on-ground product demos and showcases.
Digitization across domains has been one of the Indian government’s top priorities over the past couple of years. This industry-wide transformation has also brought several threats and security risks, thereby resulting in the growing demand for reliable and seamless security solutions in the country. A recent IDC report states, “Over 74% of large Indian enterprises have increased their security spend. There is a rise in security investments within professional services, government, BFSI and healthcare sectors.” India, therefore, remains a key market for HID Global and through events such as the Smart Card Expo, the company is able to interact, showcase and get a pulse of the security market.
Matt Winn, Senior Director, Public Relations and Corporate Communications, HID Global, said, “As a leader in secure identity solutions, we are excited to participate in the Smart Card Expo and related RFID and IoT events to showcase our innovations for streamlining card issuance and personalisation. We will demonstrate HID’s contactless identification and sensing RFID solutions for the automation and manufacturing industries, including our linen management solution and TSL™ Readers. This will be an opportunity for attendees to explore solutions that can positively impact their businesses. We look forward to reconnecting with thought leaders and influencers in the industry while highlighting our solutions that will empower businesses to operate efficiently in a rapidly changing environment.”
At this year’s expo, HID Global will be displaying some of the latest products and solutions from two of its key business areas – Secure Issuance and Identification Technology:
● Secure Issuance: HID Global offers comprehensive solutions which include cloud-based printing, financial instant issuance and a wide selection of printers to fit various business needs. Ranging from plug-and-play, entry-level printers to high-end industrial printing, laser engraving and encoding solutions, HID Global has been steadily growing its customer base in India, including enterprises, financial institutions and government entities.
The opening of its Bangalore warehouse in September 2021 further strengthened the company’s ability to provide quality, delivery speed and market access. Secure Issuance offerings showcased at the expo include:
● Thermal / Direct-to-Card: HID® FARGO® Connect™ ID systems have a wide range of features as well as functions which enhance the world’s broadest portfolio of advanced generation ID card printers and encoders. It is an all-in-one solution for creating ID cards.
● Retransfer: HID® FARGO® HDP6600™ Card Printer & Encoder is ideal for organizations of any size that need retransfer printing technology to routinely issue secure and durable, high-definition IDs or cards at speed. As a cost-effective, eco-friendly and reliable solution, it provides high resolution 600 dpi printing capability for superior text and image quality.
● Inkjet: HID® FARGO® INK1000™ Inkjet Card Printer & Encoder is the next revolution in desktop card printing, bringing the simplicity and affordability of inkjet printing to personalized cards and IDs.
● Identification Technology: HID Global has over two decades of RFID development, innovation and manufacturing expertise. HID offers a wide range of flexible lines of tracking tags as well as transponders to help track objects, activities and drive process improvement. With its innovative engineering, patented products and processes and ISO 9001-2008 certified facilities, HID is able to serve as the trusted provider for RFID products.
In the recent past, HID Global has worked closely with the Indian government on key projects. Some of the latest IDT solutions showcased that the expo include:
● Contactless Identification & Sensing Solutions: HID’s RFID Technology enables companies to track and identify objects by affixing or embedding an RFID tag that contains electronically-stored information for automatic identification as well as workflow optimization.
● Linen Management Solutions: HID Textile Services Laundry and Linen Management solution offers RFID technology to effectively manage commercial or private linens, garments or mats, optimizing inventory and reducing human error in washing and billing processes. This real-time inventory management solution combines linen management software, RFID tags and cloud services to efficiently identify, track and manage linen and textile assets.
● Automation and Manufacturing Solutions: HID’s solution for manufacturers provides RFID technology that helps streamline industrial manufacturing processes aimed to increase productivity, safety and security. RFID tags enable data to move with a product, adding information as the product travels through the manufacturing process. Users can also monitor the performance and repair history of the manufacturing equipment. Additionally, RFID transponders help calibrate and track equipment use, repair and maintenance efficiently.