Fortinet® announced accelerated momentum of Fortinet Universal ZTNA and its ability to provide secure access for any user anywhere, whether they are remote or in the office. In fact, according to the latest Gartner report on enterprise network equipment market share, Fortinet is among the highest five global ZTNA vendors, with the fastest growing revenue of any vendor quarter-over-quarter from 4Q21-1Q22 and year-over-year from 1Q21-1Q22.1 Fortinet attributes this growth to its differentiated approach to ZTNA that supports secure application access for any user in any location, lower total cost of ownership, more seamless transition from VPN, and integration with the Fortinet Security Fabric, including Fortinet Secure SD-WAN.
ZTNA emerges as a top solution to implement Zero Trust principles
Organizations of all sizes are adopting Zero Trust as a corporate security strategy to enable digital acceleration, support remote and hybrid work, and reduce risk. According to Gartner, “60% of organizations will embrace Zero Trust as a starting point for security by 2025. More than half will fail to realize the benefits.”2 While transitioning from implicit trust to an explicit Zero Trust model is a top strategic concern, most organizations – over 80% according to a January 2022 Zero Trust survey from Fortinet – have found it difficult to execute. ZTNA has emerged as a top technology adopted by organizations as a first step to implementing zero trust principles to the corporate network.
Vishak Raman, Vice President of Sales, India, SAARC & Southeast Asia at Fortinet, said, “Fortinet Universal ZTNA delivers the most complete support for work-from-anywhere by delivering a universal approach to ZTNA that is consistent on-prem, in the cloud or as a service via SASE. Because cloud-only ZTNA solutions aren’t able to adequately support in-office workers and do so at a high cost, we’re seeing an increasing adoption of Fortinet Universal ZTNA to
Secure access for any user anywhere with Fortinet Universal ZTNA
At an increasing rate, organizations seeking to reduce their risk profile by building a zero trust architecture are turning to Fortinet Universal ZTNA. Key benefits of Fortinet’s solution include:
· Consistent user experience in all work locations: Unlike cloud-only ZTNA, Fortinet Universal ZTNA delivers universal enforcement and the same user experience and security policies whether employees are located in densely populated offices, working remotely from home, or on the road.
· Easy transition from VPN to ZTNA: Because VPN and ZTNA are managed by the same integrated client from Fortinet—FortiClient—organizations can transition application access seamlessly and at their own pace.
· Existing Fortinet customers can immediately access ZTNA: Customers with existing FortiGate and FortiClient investments already have what they need to start applying Fortinet Universal ZTNA, an unlicensed feature.
· ZTNA integrated with SD-WAN: Fortinet is the only vendor delivering ZTNA, SD-WAN, and enterprise-grade security that is integrated by a single operating system to more effectively support secure application access and application steering. All three -SD-WAN for connectivity, ZTNA for secure access, and enterprise-grade security for traffic inspection and protection- can be configured, orchestrated, and managed using the same centralized console.
· Powerful networking & security convergence enabled by FortiOS everywhere: With Fortinet Universal ZTNA, Fortinet continues its legacy of delivering solutions that converge networking and security across its FortiGate platform. This convergence is powered by a single operating system—FortiOS—across all FortiGate form factors, including appliances, virtual machines, container solutions, SASE, and cloud deployments, to deliver coordinated security policies and consistent user experience.