News

Akamai Powered NDTV Hits 16.5bn

NDTV registered 16.5 billion hits across its mobile, web and mobile app digital properties on May 23rd, the day the general election results were announced. The company used media, security and web performance solutions from Akamai Technologies.

NDTV’s 16.5 billion hits were more than Akamai delivered for any other news site in India on the 23rd of May.

NDTV was able to deliver a high-quality viewing experience for its end users, who were spread across multiple locations, device types and networks using the Akamai Intelligent Platform. NDTV used mPulse, Akamai’s Real User Monitoring (RUM) tool to monitor audience behaviour in real time during this important event, tracking and fixing variations in performance to deliver a premium experience and ensuring that it got value from its investments in election widgets, interactive graphics and other engagement tools that were created for the event ”

Kawaljit Singh Bedi, CTO, NDTV.

Across its top 20 news outlet customers in India, Akamai supported 106.3bn hits on the day of the election results. 84 percent of interactions were over mobile, reflecting the mobile-first nature of the Indian population. Nearly 90 percent of the traffic was video, leaving just over 10 percent as traditional web content. In total, traffic to these 20 publishers alone, reached a peak of 1.96Tbps, which is approximately five percent of the peak traffic for Akamai’s entire platform, globally, on an average day.

Related posts

CIO500 and Accelerator X Awards, Mumbai chapter meets Success!

enterpriseitworld

Yandex Develops and Open-sources an LLM training tool

enterpriseitworld

Canon India with JIM enhances its Training Program Under Skill India Initiative

enterpriseitworld
x