Snowflake, today announced the launch of the Retail Data Cloud, which unites Snowflake’s data platform, Snowflake- and partner-delivered solutions, and industry-specific datasets. The Retail Data Cloud empowers retailers, manufacturers, distributors, consumer packaged goods (CPG) vendors, and industry technology providers, to leverage their own data, access new data, and seamlessly collaborate across the retail industry. Together, Snowflake and its ecosystem of partners are able to drive business agility, deliver exceptional, personalized customer experiences, and optimize operations for businesses across the sector.
Retail organizations are in the midst of a global shift in how consumers, retailers, and brands interact. It is becoming increasingly difficult to source and identify the best data and insights to manage uncertainties within the industry. The acceleration of digitization and eCommerce, customer expectations, and transformation across the supply chain have increased pressure on businesses to adapt. To meet the needs of this rapidly changing environment, the industry requires a platform that can break down data silos and provide secure, governed access to data.
- With Snowflake’s Retail Data Cloud, businesses can:
- Integrate all of their data virtually regardless of source, speed, or format, and operate from a single source of truth
- Enable regulatory compliance through data governance with a suite of easily managed security capabilities including data clean room functionality, auditability features like double-blind joins, restricted queries, centralized RBAC, and row/columnar level obfuscation that enable data to be shared without movement and risk of revealing PII
- Optimize operations with elastic performance, scalingup to meet the analytics needs during seasonal peaks and down to improve efficiencies and profitability
- Seamlessly share data across their ecosystem in near real-time across three major public cloud platforms
- Leverage industry-specific, pre-built solutions created by Snowflake’s network of partners, from standard data models to AI/ML-powered insights, to reduce time to value and increase the impact of their investments
Rosemary Hua, Retail and CPG Industry GTM lead at Snowflake, said “This package of joint solutions to the Retail & CPG industry in Snowflake’s Retail Data Cloud can fuel the next wave of transformation by providing the data access, governance and sharing required to activate data and drive business value,” “Retailers and CPGs can now connect with partners and each other in the Data Cloud to take data-driven action and better serve their customers in a rapidly changing environment.”