About Themis Medicare
Themis Medicare is a research-based pharmaceutical company specializing in the manufacture of a wide range of products for application areas like Pain Management, Critical Care, and Anti-Infectives. Themis Medicare was started in November 28, 1952, by three young pharmacy graduates – Shantibhai, Kantibhai, and K. P. Menon, as Therapeutic Pharmaceuticals. Themis Medicare is well-known for developing novel formulation and manufacturing APIs. The area of their focus is differentiated parenteral formulations and new drug delivery systems (NDDS) such as lifesaving drugs like EMAL, relatively painless injections like ETOJET, etc. Under the partnership with the Hungarian pharmaceutical company Gedeon Richter, Themis Medicare Limited operates 4 manufacturing units across India supported by a robust network of 4000 stockists and operations covering 44 countries.
Themis Medicare was facing issues with their legacy applications which were affecting their business operations. They were using client-based ERP applications for integrating various business functions such as Sales, Operations, Supply chains & Accounting on one platform. The application was operated via On-premise servers, which were risky because server failure would cripple all major business functions and can lead to a greater loss. They were facing several issues with application maintenance, downtime, and upgradation issues due to their legacy IT environment. Their old legacy applications needed elasticity that could support their growing business.
Themis Medicare Major Requirements
As part of the digitization plan of the organization, Themis Medicare wanted to adopt a robust business continuity plan which supported remote working for its employees with adequate data security.
- A reliable business continuity plan
- High-performance connectivity with continuous data backup & data security
- Technically superior experts to handle their IT infrastructure
- High application performance with high uptime
- Application maintenance, downtime, and upgradation
Why did Themis Medicare Choose ESDS?
Themis Medicare required a solution that can address their needs of a reliable Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that provides high-performance connectivity with continuous data backup & data security, which will also contribute to the digital transformation of their business. When Themis Medicare got to know about ESDS, their team connected with ESDS’ team and discussed their requirements. After understanding the technical issues they were facing, the ESDS team designed a well-architected solution for them. Representatives of Themis Medicare were amazed by ESDS’ solution capabilities and selected ESDS as their Cloud Service Provider (CSP).
Themis Medicare’s team and ESDS’ IT team engaged in multiple discussions to plan the right processes for solution implementations. ESDS suggested that Themis Medicare host their applications on eNlight Cloud. eNlight Cloud offers a Cloud computing environment that allows Vertical Auto-Scaling of computing resources and bills customers through the “Pay-Per-Consumption” billing model, built on multiple layers of security to deliver enterprise-grade security. As the planning phase was nearing the implementation phase, Themis Medicare decided to migrate their business-critical ERP & HRMS applications on eNlight Cloud. All the services were executed efficiently, and Themis Medicare had started seeing improvements in their business operations.
- ESDS’ IT team proactively analyzed Themis’ technical issues and so were easily able to provide ideal, reliable & cost-effective solutions.
- Themis Medicare experienced high availability of their application with adequate data security through ESDS’ data center built on Tier III standards. This ensured a reliable & secure remote working environment for employees to work remotely during the lockdown.
- Themis Medicare was able to save on future capital expenditure by moving to the Cloud and converting a CAPEX for procurement of upgrading servers to a reduced OPEX.
- After migration of major workload on the Cloud, Themis’ in-house IT resources’ load significantly offloaded.
- Better uptime for applications.
- On-Time maintenance and upgrades.
- Prompt and 24/7 proactive support.
Incorporated in 2005 in Nashik (India), ESDS is today among India’s leading managed cloud service and end-to-end multi-cloud requirements providers. Source: Ken Research. Through “Tier III” status granted by QSA International Limited to our Data Center facilities in India, we are serving organizations across APAC, Europe, Middle East, Americas and Africa.
We believe such a diversified portfolio positions us as a “one-stop-shop” for our customer’s cloud adoption and provide services to our customers across initiation, implementation and post-delivery stages