To help enterprise developers extend Oracle business applications with a consistent consumer-grade user experience (UX), Oracle is making the design system and platform powering its applications available to customers and partners. Oracle Applications Platform enables organizations to leverage Oracle’s award-winning Redwood UX components, advanced technologies such as search, self-learning recommendations, and conversational experiences as well as telemetry and low-code development tools, to quickly and easily deliver secure apps that complement and seamlessly integrate with Oracle’s complete suite of cloud applications.
Jenny Lam, senior vice president of user experience design, Oracle, said, “No matter how fast we innovate, some customers will want to add their own features or industry-specific capabilities,” “With Oracle Applications Platform, we’re giving customers and partners access to the same tools that Oracle’s own development organization uses to enable them to extend and personalize our applications to fit their unique needs. This will enable enterprise developers to quickly and easily create self-improving apps with a consumer-grade user experience that seamlessly integrate with their existing Oracle applications.”
The Oracle Applications Platform provides several easy-to-use tools that meet software accessibility standards including:
- Redwood UX Building Blocks: A software development toolkit that enables enterprise developers to save time and effort by assembling and modifying the UX components without lengthy software development projects. With UX resources such as the Redwood reference application, page templates, component repository, reference architecture, and design guides, Oracle Applications Platform provides everything a customer or partner would need to efficiently create consumer-grade applications.
- Telemetry: Components for application telemetry help enterprise developers benefit from real-world feedback on their apps to quickly resolve issues and inform further improvements. With Oracle Applications Platform’s telemetry embedded within the UX components and integrated with DevSecOps tools, customers and partners gain detailed out-of-the-box analytics on usage behavior and quality of service.
- Search: Oracle’s search component enables enterprise developers to quickly and easily integrate powerful, self-tuning search capabilities in their apps and preserve learned suggestions across devices. With AI and machine learning-enabled suggestion strings and typo-tolerant text search, customers and partners can embed fast and scalable search capabilities within their apps.
- Business Logic: A self-learning recommendation engine that is integrated with Redwood components helps enterprise developers increase the productivity of end users without any additional coding. With the ability to serve up the most likely data input or next action based on user behavior history, customers and partners can create predictive user experiences.
- Conversational Experiences: Embedded Oracle Digital Assistant components help enterprise developers to quickly and easily build apps that are simple to use and that promote desired user behaviors within the apps. With the ability to integrate voice interfaces, customers and partners can significantly improve the accessibility and user experience of their applications.
- Low-Code Development: Oracle’s Visual Builder Studio enables customers and partners to extend their Redwood apps or build new ones without the need for complex software development skills. With the ability to easily add new functionality, organizations can quickly create apps that meet their specific needs.
- Data Visualization: Redwood analytics components from Oracle Analytics Cloud enable enterprise developers to embed data visualizations within their Redwood apps. With embedded analytics capabilities, customers and partners can easily add data visualizations to their applications and make data insights more accessible to end users.
Oracle Fusion Cloud Applications Suite provides everything an organization needs to optimize processes, make faster and better decisions, and outpace change. With applications for finance, supply chain, HR, and customer experience, Oracle provides the most complete suite of enterprise applications on a single integrated cloud platform. Oracle’s self-updating platform gives customers access to continuous innovation, as new features are added every 90 days, without downtime or business disruption.
Deepa Param Singhal, Vice President, Cloud Applications, Oracle India, said, “Implementing SaaS applications is a great business investment, and while cloud-based applications are highly scalable, some businesses, depending on their operations require a higher level of customization. With today’s announcement, our partners and customers can use our Oracle Applications Platform to add their own features or industry-specific capabilities to our Fusion Applications suite. With this announcement, we will be able to bring integration and the Applications Platform will allows customers and partners access to the same tools that our developers use to extend and personalise the applications to meet their unique requirements. Developers will be able to create apps quickly and easily with a consumer-grade user experience that integrate seamlessly with their existing Oracle applications.”
“The ability to use Oracle’s development framework is a significant step forward in unlocking innovation and assisting our local customers in developing custom applications that are flexible, user-friendly, and highly personalised in conformity with their business operations. We are looking forward to some exciting developments and innovations from our India customers with the Applications Platforms”, she added.