Please tell us about TTSL Enterprise business?
Tata Docomo Business Services (TDBS) is a leader in Enterprise Business space, with 50,000 SME customers across India. Presently TDBS’ SME business is growing at 15%. The company is well-equipped to serve connectivity needs through the length and breadth of the country.
What are the key industries/sectors that you are going to target/ targeting?
TDBS offers end-to-end ICT solutions to enterprises of all sizes and across business verticals. The company has its focus across sectors such as IT/ITEs, BFSI, manufacturing, start-ups, e-commerce, automobile, healthcare, logistics, media, services, etc.
What are your key offerings for SMEs?
At TDBS, we offer a wide range of voice solutions varying from traditional TDM technologies to IP, wireline to wireless, and inbound to outbound. We also have mobile enterprise solutions and cloud enterprise solutions that all-round connectivity. We also provide technology-based offerings across the following service categories –
- Enterprise Collaboration: Conferencing
- Enterprise Connectivity: Data Solutions, Managed Solutions, Voice Solutions
- IoT Solutions: Asset Tracking, Fleet Tracking, Workforce Tracking, School Bus Tracking
- Marketing Solutions: Call Register Services, Hosted IVR, SMS Solutions, Toll Free Services
- Mobility Solutions: Collection Application, Mobile Device Management, Research Application, Sales Application, Service Application
We also offer a wide range of services to cater to the business community. Our Workforce Management Solution integrated with Mobile Device Management (MDM) is one such offering which helps in effective personnel management, securing confidential data, compliance, and lending uniformity and flexibility to the consumer.
What is TDBS’ strength in Digital Technology, please highlight IOT /M2M/Cloud solutions
TDBS provides a full-fledged telecom infrastructure which enables digitisation and connectivity bundled with applications. By bundling connectivity solutions with the end application, TDBS endeavors to provide a one-stop-shop solution to customers in their attempt to go digital. We offer the most comprehensive suite of solutions in the enterprise space and caters to every digital requirements of customer and their ecosystem. We work with partners to build custom solutions, but we take end-to-end ownership for the customers. We also offer a stack of ready to deploy, cloud-based standard solutions to enable the customer to begin their digital journey in a quick and efficient manner.
We were the first to offer cloud based IOT services and SaaS solutions among others to enterprise customers across the country. We were the first telecom service provider to set up an IOT practice in the country, providing complex solutions to enterprise customers across the country. At present, TDBS is offering IOT solutions in the areas of Fleet Management, Asset Tracking and Automated Meter Reading for Utilities. We plan to offer solutions across more use-cases in this financial year.
Our digital offerings across following service categories are –
- Could & SaaS: Colocation, InstaCompute, Managed Hosting, PrepTest
- Collaboration: Conferencing, Document Management, International Bridging Services
- Connectivity: Data Solutions (ILL, MPLS etc), Managed Solutions (CDN), Voice Solutions (PRI, SIP etc)
- IoT: Asset Management, Fleet Management, Workforce Tracking, School Bus Tracking
- Customer Connect: Call Register Services, Hosted IVR, SMS Solutions, Toll Free Services, Digital Survey, Live Chat
- Security: Mobile Device Management, DDOS, vUTM
What are the challenges being faced by SME’s in adopting digital?
Lack of awareness about digital still persists with enterprises. Some of the issues faced by enterprises faced by enterprises are listed below –
- Lack of technology know-how, funds, cost, return on investments, cluttered product portfolios, marketing and branding, etc.
- Poor digital infrastructure
- Successful execution/Implementation of digital strategy
- Ambiguity on business model to leverage digital – as enterprises have varied requirements in terms of scalability, flexibility, costs, etc.
Creating awareness and educating enterprises about digital benefits is important for the industry to evolve and catch-up with the fast growing economy and ever changing technology landscape. Industry bodies/forums, government agencies have an important role and a major stake in making enterprises to realize full potential of going digital.
How is TDBS helping SMEs go digital?
Small and Medium Enterprises play a vital role for the growth of Indian economy by contributing 45% of the industrial output, 40% of exports. SMEs are now going digital to bridge the gap with large corporations and operate with them on a level-playing field. We understand the immense value of knowledge and capacity building. It is our constant endeavor to enhance the knowledge base of our customers through symposiums, various forums, and webinars. Through our various initiatives we impart education on the importance of going digital and the significance of a capable technology partner in the effort. TDBS conducts an annual thought leadership platform— the Do Big Symposium – where industry stalwarts from across business verticals convene to deliberate upon the way forward for digital technologies. We spend an enormous effort and time in conducting similar events which enhance enterprises’ comprehension of digitization and its potential benefits. We engage with our customers on a continual basis to understand the issues and challenges faced by them. It is our continuous effort to create innovative and affordable product and services based on the needs of our customers.
Some of the traditional homegrown businesses for example, in Kerala, some of the biggest jewellery business houses, most of which began as small businesses have effectively deployed TDBS ICT solutions that have helped them expand their presence, and tap into the vast customer-base across the country. Our customer BYJU’s, used a cost-effective, scalable solution to connect students across the country with the company’s Business Development Associates on their mobile numbers and captures call recordings for regulatory purposes. Another customer, Janalakshmi used the unique two 8-digit Toll Free numbers which enabled the company to have load based routing of 50% each to terminate the calls of a specific state to a designated call center agent. IVR & Call recording featured call servers were installed to meet the regulatory guidelines.
TDBS is empowering organizations to adopt tech-enabled processes, providing them with nimble, and cost-effective tech solutions. Could you share examples of few customer partnerships, and how did they benefit from the solutions provided by TDBS?
Here are some names of customers that have benefitted from pratnership with TDBS for their ICT requirements:
- BYJU’s – a Bangalore based education start-up
- Kalyan Jewellers – a Kochi based major jewellery retailer
- Delhi Public School Karnal– A well-known school in North India
- 31 Parallel BPO- Offers cutting edge BPO services to its customers around the world
With the ICT solutions offered by TDBS, these companies have enhanced operational efficiency, improved customer engagement, achieved seamless & secure visibility and connectivity across the value-chain, cost reduction, and better ROI.
How does TDBS differentiate itself vis-a-vis competition?
TDBS is strongly focused on product innovation and has been offering many “firsts” to the industry and businesses alike. For instance, we were the first to offer cloud services to SME businesses across the country. Our product portfolio is built to offer best fit solutions to SME customers. We understand the immense value of knowledge and capacity building.
It is our constant endeavour to enhance the knowledge base of our customers through symposiums, various forums, and webinars which is what makes us unique vis-à-vis our competitors. Through our various initiatives we impart education on the importance of going digital and the significance of a capable technology partner in the effort. TDBS conducts an annual thought leadership platform— the Do Big Symposium– where industry stalwarts from across business verticals convene to deliberate upon the way forward for digital technologies. We spend an enormous effort and time in conducting similar events which enhance enterprises’ comprehension of digitization and its potential benefits.
Some additional key factors that differentiate TDBS’ enterprise business vis-à-vis competition are:
- Understanding of Customers: With a deep understanding of our customers, we have been operating in the enterprise space for close to 20 years. We provide customized solutions wherein we engage with our customers on a continual basis to understand the issues and challenges faced by them. It is our continuous effort to create innovative and affordable product and services based on the needs of our customers.
- Customer Reach: By acting as a ‘Technology Catalyst’, TDBS has become a front runner in helping the SME sector in India.
- ‘Lifecycle Management’ Channel Approach: To cater to specific need of customers on a regular basis we have developed ‘Lifecycle Management’ approach. With this approach, our partners look at full lifecycle of a customer which includes customer acquisition, relationship management, and complaint management.